Ninja PR Tools – Services You Can Use to Get Media Coverage
There are a host of affordable (if not free) resources available to businesses to get earned media. All of these services have great testimonials from businesses that use them and all of them are reasonably priced.
Here are some of the most used.
1. ProfNet: One of the oldest and most trusted of the platforms for over 20 years now. ProfNet is regularly used by major news organizations looking for experts to quote and help them with their stories. It’s going to cost you to subscribe, but users report getting great media coverage for their businesses. Starts at about $80/month www.profnet.com
2. MyLocalReporter.com will send out your pitch or press release to local media in your area for $20 to $100 depending on what level of services you want to go with. You’ll pay a small amount for one pitch to go out to about 10 journalists or more if you want multiple pitches or want to be on their monthly plan. They’ll also help review and make recommendations to your pitch to increase the likelihood of it getting picked up. MyLocalReporter.com
3. SourceBottle.com was created by “momtreprenuer” and PR veteran Rebecca Derrington as a streamlined way for journalists to connect with businesses. Fill out their online expert profile and pay attention to journalists “call outs” for sources and experts. Totally free. SourceBottle.com
4. TheMediaBag.com was created by SourceBottle with a focus on getting product and service reviews. If you have a product you’re looking to get in the hands of journalists, bloggers and influencers, they will pitch your product (or service) out to their database, you need to be able to supply the product or service for free. They offer different tiers of pricing depending on your needs. $50 to $80/month. TheMediaBag.com
5. MuckRack.com – starting at about $180/month this service allows you to build targeted media lists to pitch your business to. You can see which journalists are writing about companies like yours and pitch them your company. You will also receive alerts any time the media mentions you. MuckRack.com
You can catch me talking about all this on Business Rockstars here: